The Roanoke Valley Greenway Commission, City of Roanoke Police Department, in cooperation with the City of Roanoke Parks and Recreation Department, have developed an exciting new volunteer opportunity. The Greenway Ambassadors Program is designed to engage current greenway users to help with greenway monitoring and maintenance.
Greenway Ambassadors will be the eyes and ears for the City of Roanoke Police and Parks & Recreation departments. Greenway volunteers signed up as Ambassadors will help monitor conditions on the City Greenways, as well as report activity.
The City of Roanoke greenways are part of the Roanoke Valley Greenway System, and include paved and unpaved trails that connect residential communities with City parks, open spaces and commercial areas.
Greenway Ambassadors will:
- Promote greenway courtesy and safety.
- Provide general information to greenway users.
- Assist when help is needed.
- Set a good example by obeying greenway rules and guidelines.
- Provide interpretive and geographical information.
- Watch for greenway conditions that may be hazardous.
- Advise greenway users of rules and regulations.
- Provide safety information.
- Use good judgment and common sense.
- Report problems to appropriate management partners.
For more information and to volunteer, see http://greenways.org/?page_id=221
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/roanokevalleygreenways/