To become a certified Virginia Master Naturalist, a candidate must complete three steps:
- 40 hours of basic training
- 8 hours of advanced training
- 40 hours of volunteer service
To maintain certification, a Virginia Master Naturalist must complete 8 hours of advanced training and 40 hours of volunteer service annually.
For more information about becoming a Virginia Master Naturalist and joining the Roanoke Valley Chapter:
- Learn more about the Roanoke Valley Master Naturalists: Roanoke Valley Master Naturalist Brochure
- Complete the Volunteer Enrollment Form: VMN Volunteer Enrollment Agreement
- Complete the Applicant Questionnaire: VMN Applicant Questionnaire
Mail the completed Volunteer Form and Questionnaire to
1432 Haydon St.
Salem, VA 24153
Include a check for $100 made payable to Roanoke Valley Master Naturalists.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Virginia Master Naturalist programs and employment are open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.